September 3, 2013

When Baby E was in my Tummy

My wonderful friend Kali Poulson* took these glorious maternity photos of Phil and I when I was 39 weeks pregnant.

(*We were in Yearbook together and now she has really taken off in her photo business! Hit her up if you're looking for pictures she'll make you look incredible! Find her on Facebook)

It is already hard to recall that this ever happened and that this was me carrying a tiny baby who is now nearly 3 months old and far bigger than tiny. My body doesn't ache anymore and my tailbone isn't as bad as it was when I was pregnant, which I didn't think was possible. I no longer feel little feet kicking the right side of my belly and little boy hiccups from within. I now get to see him kick as if he were riding a bicycle mid-air and still hiccup every morning just the same. Life as we know it has changed entirely and yet it somehow doesn't feel any different, it feels absolutely normal, yet more complete. Being a mother is greater than I could have imagined and I feel so blessed every moment of every day. My smiley-kid and sometimes grumpy-non-sleeping-kid is such a light, I could just kiss him and study him all day long. Mmm... and boy does he smell so yummy! Family truly is the most important thing in this life and the next, I'm so glad I get to be with mine forever!





































No comments: